CLOSING THE READING GAP
Year-long virtual reading support for students K-8 who are struggling and falling behind.
Whether your kid isn’t interested in reading, they’re struggling, or both, you know it’s time to get them the help and support they need.
Perhaps a reading assessment indicated they’re reading below their grade level and you’re worried about them falling behind — especially with distance and hybrid learning.
You’re concerned that their reading skills are suffering since being at home during the pandemic and you’re worried about your child falling behind (or even farther behind).
You know how critical literacy is to their success and you’re afraid that it’s going to affect everything they do in school.
You’ve already spent a lot of money on books and have even considered investing in a tutor, but you want to be smart with your money.
You really wish that your child would love reading.
Imagine popping into their bedroom in the evening, reminding them it’s time for bed, and there they are, snuggled under a warm blanket and engrossed in a book.
You’ve never been more excited to make extra trips to the library and the bookstore.
Your kid finally enjoys reading and is feeling confident and successful as they try on new and more challenging books.
Most of all, you love seeing the pile of books (that they’ve read) grow higher.
No matter what a reading assessment says, know that your child can become a confident reader.
Literacy Partners is an educational consulting firm that uses innovative practices for professional development in literacy.
We specialize in reading and writing, and with a reading assessment package, we’ll assess your child, support them in becoming confident readers, and help you provide the right books.
Closing the Reading Gap is for your kid if:
- They’re in K-8 in public or private school
- They’re disinterested in reading and finding excuses to avoid reading
- They’ve had an assessment in school and you want to get a second opinion
- Their reading level is falling behind their peers
- Your child seems bored no matter what books they try
- You’re worried that your child isn’t challenged enough or is perhaps being pushed too hard
We’re trusted experts in the field of literacy and we specialize in reading and writing development and have proven strategies to help.
We can help put them on a track and path that will help them become more successful, confident, joyful readers.
Here’s what you get with Closing the Reading Gap:
- An initial reading assessment.
Before our first meeting, we’ll survey your child to learn more about their natural interest and dig deeper into their feelings about reading.
- Three comprehensive assessments.
Sometimes teacher-administered assessments can miss things. One of our experienced staff developers will provide a thorough assessment of your child’s reading skills over Zoom at the beginning, the middle, and at the end of the school year. We’ve worked with students who when we tested them, were reading at a higher level than their teacher first suggested. You’re welcome to attend each session.
- Two check-ins mid-year.
We’ll meet with your child for 30 minutes between these sessions to check in on their progress and adjust our recommendations if necessary.
- Recorded sessions.
With your permission, we’ll record our sessions for you to rewatch and review what we cover.
- A reading improvement plan.
Following each assessment, we’ll send you and your child the evaluation results along with specific, step-by-step instructions on how to improve.
More than just reading assessments, we’ll work with you and your child to take the frustration out of reading. We’ll demystify the entire assessment approach and break it down into plain language.
Finally, give your kids the year-long reading support they need to thrive in any learning situation.
3 payments of $597
Interested in working with us? Excellent! Here’s how to get started:
- Click here to submit your payment and tell us more about your child and your concerns.
- Next, you’ll receive a reading interest survey to have your child complete (or you’ll complete it with them). If you already have a reading level assessment from their teacher (current year or prior, sharing that information would be helpful.
- We’ll review the survey and be in touch with you within 1-2 business days to set up your first assessment.