As a parent, you’re doing your best to run a household and maintain your work all while supporting your kids with distance learning.
Distance learning brings up some new challenges, and as a parent, you only want what’s best for your kids. You want to see them learn, grow, and get ahead, but you have so many questions.
Does this sound like you?
- Your kids appear disengaged with their online learning
- You’re worried that your kids have trouble focusing during Zoom lessons
- You’re frustrated and overwhelmed not knowing how to support your child with school — are you helping too much or not enough?
- You’re concerned that your kids aren’t reading or writing enough and they’re going to fall behind
- You see your kids at the computer for long stretches, and even watch them getting frustrated and wonder what to do
If you’re nodding along with any of the above, then this free workshop is for you.
Here’s what you’ll get when you spend 60-minutes with us:
- Learn how to set up your child’s sleep, eating, movement, and mindfulness practice to help them be successful in distance learning
- Find the balance of how much to help them while creating their independence
- Know how to create an empowering environment that fosters focus and learning
- Learn how to apply the same approach literacy coaches use with proven success
Here’s what we’ll cover during the workshop:
1. Self-care for you and your child.
Learn how to best support your child’s nutrition and wellbeing needs to help them focus for a day of distance learning.
2. Supporting Independence
Discover how to set up an environment that supports learning, how much help is too much and how to support them in becoming independent problem-solvers and critical thinkers. You’ll also learn the best way to compliment your kids to encourage ongoing effort.
3. Supporting a love of reading and writing
Learn how to positively support your kids’ literacy skills as you learn practical ways to foster a love of reading and writing as a family.
- Date: Monday, November 16, 3-4 pm PST
- Location: Zoom
- Languages: English & Spanish. The workshop will be taught in English, and we’ll have a Spanish translator.
- Investment: Free
Meet Your Facilitators:
Dahlia Dallal is the founding director of Literacy Partners. Dahlia has supported leaders across the country and internationally with balanced literacy for 15+ years. You’ll get personal access to tap into her experience during the live workshop.
Vivian Chen is a lead staff developer at Literacy Partners. She comes with 20+ years of teaching experience working with students in primary grades through middle school. Vivian is passionate about social justice and helping students develop independence and agency through literacy.
About Literacy Partners
Literacy Partners is a boutique educational consulting firm that uses innovative practices for professional development in literacy.
We work side-by-side with educators to help them cultivate more engaged students who love reading and writing.
By encouraging students to use their unique voice, we create more independent learners who become stronger readers, writers, and creative thinkers. These students will then become future leaders and make a difference in the world.
How to join the workshop:
- Submit your information below to register.
- Look for a welcome email with the details you’ll need to join the workshop.
- Bring a notebook, pen, and your questions!
Questions before joining the workshop? Email us and ask; we’re happy to help - [email protected]